Industry Leaders Convene In The Desert. The American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA) recently held their 2020 Annual Meeting and Meyer’s Director of Client Services, Matt Wittemann, came away with key takeaways and highlights.
- The Senior Living Hall of Fame Class of 2020 included Lynne Katzmann, Founder and CEO of Juniper Communities; Alice and Emmett Koelsch, industry pioneers, Koelsch Communities; Margaret Wylde, Founder and CEO of ProMatura Group.
- The premiere of the promotional video for “Where You Live Matters”, an online retirement living resource powered by ASHA.
- The keynote presentation by Bret Stephens, Op-ed columnist and associate editor for the New York Times.
- The Power CEO panel discussion was moderated by Adam Kaplan, Founder and CEO of Solera Senior Living, featured: Alan Butler, CEO of Erickson Living; Jesse Jantzen, CEO of Lutheran Life Communities; Dan Madsen, Chairman and CEO of Leisure Care; and Wendy Nowokunski, President and Meyer client from The Northbridge Companies. The panel discussed many topics pertaining to the senior living industry with a lively discussion surrounding the future of senior living and new in-home care technologies.
“No one size fits all. Home care is the number one competitor in seniors housing. Yet, socialization is the biggest difference. People are going to choose and want options” — Wendy Nowokunski, President, The Northbridge Companies.
Breakout sessions included:
- Capital Markets and Valuation Trends
- The intersection of Health Care Metrics and Technology
- Producing ROI in Digital Marketing Investments
- Value-based Reimbursement, Medicare Advantage and Pre- and Post Acute Care in Senior Living