Interested? Contact Michael Stanczak for more information : MStanczak@meyerdesigninc.com
This new position at Meyer is charged with oversight of quality assurance and quality control for Meyer’s architectural and interior projects. The primary goal of this highly focused position is to ensure products and deliverables created by Meyer maintains an appropriate standard of care for a professional design firm. Particular attention and guidance will be given to code, departmental regulations, and agency compliance.
Overall, Meyer expects that all employees will:
- Meet the client’s objectives,
- Provide documentation as required for the contractual scope,
- Keep the project on schedule,
- Stay within the scope of the contract (both design and fee),
- Add to Meyer’s culture and studio environment,
- Continue your growth and development as a design professional.
The following is a guideline of minimum responsibilities and tasks and is not all inclusive nor is it intended to limit one’s possibilities for performing duties over and above what is listed below. Occasionally individuals with this title may perform responsibilities and tasks that are also found under other title descriptions.
Quality Control / Quality Assurance Specialist Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the company’s deliverables and processes as related to client requirements and expectations.
- Assist in the creation and execution of performance improvement and quality assurance programs throughout the organization.
- Conduct project related code reviews throughout the entire design process.
- Maintain quality control and participate in staff development training efforts.
- Reinforce Meyer BIM and graphic standards through design staff interactions.
- Provide code, specification and drawing support for both interior and architecture design projects.
- Make recommendations on workflow and production processes to increase productivity.
- Coordinate with the BIM/Design Technology Manager and Standards Committee to review, update and expand design and documentation processes.
- Report to the Operations Manager on the current state of QA/QC and recommendations for improvement.
- Investigate and recommend industry events to improve design/industry knowledge and processes.
- Interface with design staff, project managers, clients, and firm management.
- Attend weekly project managers meetings and staff scheduling meetings.
- Guide design staff to research and understand agency reviews required for a project.
- Expertise of building and accessibility codes.
- Good interpersonal skills to facilitate design staff mentorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of both architectural and interior documentation and detailing.
- Thorough knowledge of the full range of building materials and products.